Sunday 2 September 2012

Disappointment leads to Embarrassment.....

Well what a week it has been. Wednesday to Friday I was on a course at Uni called Flying Start and it was very enjoyable. I am looking forward to starting Uni even more now, if that's at all possible? Then yesterday I went to Harrogate with three of my amazing friends, Janet, Sue and Emma and we had a lovely day. Sadly my Age of Aquarius did not win any rosettes but I didn't really think it stood a chance there where some big names in the large wall hanging category and just on sixty quilts entered. I was more disappointed  about the place it had been hung and boy it hung terribly. It looked awful and was tucked away in a confined space and that saddened me more than not winning. I was so proud of it beforehand, telling all who'd listen I had entered it in Harrogate and I was so ashamed when I saw it because it really did look terrible. However, I am not throwing in the towel, its back to the drawing board and start thinking about an entry for next year. It was that bad I didn't even take a picture. :(

4 comments:

Lin said...

Oh Susan, what a shame. And after all your hard work. I do hope that you make a complaint to the organisers, they need to know about these things.
However, with better things ahead, having done that, please put it aside and concentrate on the future.

Susan said...

Thanks Lin, will do. yes need to more on now Uni starts next week a real exciting adventure. :)

jan said...

Oh Susan I really feel for you, I know what that feels like it can make all the difference where and how a quilt is hung at shows. I really think the top names should have their own catagory too it is unfari for us other poor mortals to have to compete with them, we stand no chance whatsoever.
Don't be discouraged, it was not the fault of your quilt, I agree with you friend, you need to cpomplain at the way it was hung etc etc did you take piks of it and ones of it hanging normally, they will then see how it should have been done.
jan xx

Susan said...

thanks Jan and sorry to hear your woes about blogger. I have got pics of it hanging her at home but did not take any at the show was so mortified didn't want anyone to know it was mine. I think the time to complain should have been their and then. Never mind its behind me know and there is always next year xxx