Sunday 21 October 2012

Lake Windermere...



Yesterday I visited Lake Windermere with my lovely sister. We had a fabulous day and oh boy, the weather was truly on our side, glorious sunshine, not a single drop of rain to be had. I have not been to Windermere before and I really enjoyed it, such a beautiful picturesque place. We sat by the lake and had cinder toffee and chocolate ice cream which was scrummy yummy. On our way home we went via Blackpool to see the illuminations and stopped of for fish and chips.  I was positively shattered when I got home but I loved every single minute of our day out.

3 comments:

Caz said...

Lovely photos! Love the middle one,, very atmospheric!

Lin said...

You were lucky with the weather - we have friends in Kendal and it always seems to be raining! However, when we visited we had really good weather. Lovely picture.

Susan said...

Thanks Caz, I'm very hit and miss with photos its a case of point, click and hope for the best. hehe :)

Hi Lin, We have had lovely weather this weekend it got a little chilly in the evening but not the norm for this time of year. :)