Saturday 20 December 2014

A chook and a snowman.


I finished Uni a week ago for the Christmas holidays and I am loving every minute of the break. I have even managed to do some sewing just for me which has been simply bliss. Last year one of the Southport ladies introduced me to the Missouri Star quilt tutorials and I occasionally watch them on you tube. A few days ago I watched her make a Chicken pin cushion and decided I too needed a chicken pin cushion. The lady recommends lizard litter as part of the stuffing because it is made from crushed walnuts and apparently these stop the needles from blunting. I tried to buy lizard litter but the two girls in Pets at Home looked at me blankly and said, they had never herd of Lizard litter. I asked what did they sell for lizards to do the business on and they said "sand"! So I went to Asda and bought a packet of dried chic peas. I loved making my chook, he is sitting on my desk and he makes me smile every time I look at him.  The beautiful snowman was a gift from my very talented friend Sue, isn't he adorable? Sadly, I do not have my Christmas tree up this year because of a certain little lady named Poppy.

3 comments:

Caz said...

I have tried, in various pet shops, to buy crushed walnut shells or 'lizard litter'. I get blank looks. But I know that you can get it online from amazon. Love the chook!

Lin said...

Hello Susan. I have recently been looking out for crushed walnut shells and found it on line. Lovely chook pincushion and snowman. Glad you are relaxing a bit and enjoying your sewing. Have a great Christmas. xx

Joan Mc said...

I bought my crushed walnut shell ar Uttoxeter quilt show, cant remember the name of the seller though. Looked at the pincushion video myself. I've made a few things from their shows. Creative Grids are selling their templates now.Love the snowman!!love Joan Mc