Saturday 22 July 2017

Taking the plunge.

Paige on her Graduation day.

Girls Toys and Boys Toys.

Quilting my latest quilt.
A peak in the sketch book showing some doodles and ideas for my circus quilt.



I took a little time out at the beginning of the week to attend my beautiful niece, Paige Jones graduation at Nottingham Trent University.  She graduated with a First Class Honours degree in International Law. We are all so proud of her and it was a great couple of days with glorious sunshine.

It is a true saying time flys when your having fun.  I have been enjoying a burst of creativity, drawing, researching, designing and making new quilts and the days are flying by.  I can not get the ideas out of my head fast enough, into my sketchbooks. then made into a quilt or doll, fabric postcard etc, it can be a little exhausting and there is never enough time.  Mind you I am not complaining, creativity is a very fragile thing and can disappear in the blink of an eye, so I am making the most of it.  It has come at a great time as I will be launching my very own website soon. I am so excited, as well as a little nervous, as it is a big thing to put not only your work but yourself as a artist out there.  I am truly blessed to have an amazing husband, who has created the website for me. He also takes the photographs of my pieces and transforms my patterns in photo shop, yep I am a lucky girl.  I have a fantastic family and friends who have not only given me great feedback but their support, which means so much to me. If you would like to take a sneak peak at my website please go to:                 

http://susanpierce16.wixsite.com/sewsusan


I hope you enjoy your visit and please leave a comment as they are always appreciated. X:)


3 comments:

Lin said...

Yave such amazing ideas Susan - loving your quilts. xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan congrats to your daughter and love your sewing projects you are very clever xx

Susan said...

Hello Ladies thank you for leaving such lovely comments always appreciated. X:)