Saturday 25 November 2017

A few of my favourite things.

Greyson Perry dresses at the Walker Art Gallery

BBc Radio Merseyside wallhanging

Liberty Bell Chester

Heidi Hopper
I love going to museums, galleries and exhibitions, I am lucky to have lots of these on my doorstep (so to speak) The latest one is a Greyson Perry exhibition which is currently on at the Walker Art Gallery Liverpool.  It is a selection of his alter ego, Claire, dresses.  It was really very interesting and I enjoyed see the outfits and reading the stories behind them. 

A few months back I took part in creating a block for BBC Radio Merseyside who are celebrating its 50th Anniversary. My friend Michelle was a star as she took all the blocks that people made and put them all together creating an amazing triptych banner. 

Last week I heard that one of my favourite shops Liberty Bell is closing its doors for the final time on Christmas Eve but will still be operating their on line business.  It is just such a magical place so I had to visit one last time. I am always spoilt for chose as to what to buy, this time I chose to purchase Miss Heidi Hopper kit.  You all should know by now I have a thing for rabbits . I really enjoyed making her, especially her little jacket. 

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Hi Susan
Such a lovely post, I haven't forgotten you. I'll write you a letter very soon. Hope you are well.

Love Leanne xx

Lin said...

Would love to see the Grayson Perry exhibition - he wears some amazing outfits. xx

Joan Mc said...

so sorry to hear Liberty Bell is closing. I;ve had a number of presents from my daughter bought from there. I'll have to let her know, just in case!!! I gues it's dificult for these special shops to keep open. Enjoyed your post some interesting things to see, especially Grayson Perry exhibition. Love Joan xx