Thursday 7 May 2009

T-shirt transfer paper:


I wanted to transfer some pictures on to fabric but I did not have a clue how to achieve this. I read in a magazine that to do this you needed transfer paper? The only transfer paper I could find was T-shirt transfer paper in WH Smith. It is a bit to stiff to use in quilts but for my fabric post cards it is great. Here is a postcard I made for a 1-2-1 swap. I transferred the image of the shoes from a box Michaela bought me for my b'day. I embellished the shoes with red beads. I really like the finished results. It is also very good for printing phrases and word art from the computer. It took me a little while to find out how you managed to print the word back to front??? oh Yes I had a few whoops.lol

2 comments:

Kath said...

Ooh I bet you have a pair just like that in your cupboard! Kathx

jan said...

Great card again Susan, I shall have to have a look out for that stuff in smiths, I just use ordinary calico for my printing now. You mave to reverse writing if using the transfer stuff, but not if using the fabric....wierd.....lol xx