Sunday 14 March 2010

Fly Away Home...


A couple of days ago this beautiful Mistle Thrush flew into my porch. I always have one window slightly ajar, with the tumble dryer pipe sticking out. I can only assume that she has landed on the pipe then hopped in through the gap. She had not been there long because several minutes earlier I had unloaded and reloaded the tumble dryer. After folding the washing I went into my room to put my clothes away and there she was. I soon realised she was becoming quite distressed as she kept flying into the middle window trying to get out. I managed to open one of the windows very wide and several minutes later and a helpful little nudge from the floor brush, she flew out. She was so beautiful with her slender neck and speckled breast full of lovely warm browns.Although her chirps were probably distress calls, they still sounded like musical notes. With today being Mothering Sunday I would like to think of her sitting on her nest nurturing her eggs.

1 comment:

Kath said...

I expect she got back to her brood, they have a marvellous "homing" sense.You don't see many thrushes now, you got a lovely photo.