Sunday 9 May 2010

Log Cabin Whoops:


A couple of weeks ago I managed to get stuck into part two of Janet's Stripy log cabin and appliqué quilt. I had to make 16 court house steps blocks. The blocks when finished should have measured 7 1/2 inches. Whoops! mine only measured 7". I thought I had made six blocks but luckily, I had only made four when I realised the error. Now then! What to do with these lovely court house steps blocks????? Of course simple, make a cushion and what a perfect project to practise Sue Nickels free motion feathers. (Believe me, I need lots of practise) The colours go well with the colour scheme of my living room and it is now on my sofa. I think it turned out pretty well considering it was a whoops a daisy.

3 comments:

Maggi said...

It is lovely and no-one will ever know that it was a mistake - except the whole of blogland of course!

Kath said...

Your cushion is lovely Susan and I really like the quilting you did. It would match my red sofa perfectly HINT :D

Shar said...

Your cushion is wonderful I love the colors and the quilting. Logcabins are one of my favorites.
Great job!