After finishing my Spring Flowers quilt I decided I needed to get stuck into the text on my Aquarius quilt. I was not quite sure how I was going to achieve this. I knew I did not want to applique the text on as it would over power the quilt, I just wanted a subtle text. I searched the internet for an alphabet stencil but I was unable to find one big enough for my purpose. I then had a go at making my own stencil and smudging some oil sticks over the cut out letters but it was extremely laborious. After only two letters my fingers were hurting. (See the top image for stencil effect) Yesterday evening I cut out letters from funky foam and glued them individually to cardboard. I inked the letters once the glue was dry and used them as stamps. (This is one of my favourite stamping techniques). The first one was too dark but the second attempt was a bit better. I then added some gold acrylic paint here and there to give a distressed look to the lettering. It is still in the experimental stage but I think this is the road I am going to take to add text to my quilt.