Wednesday 2 July 2014

Still playing...

This exercise book is where I practise my whisical lettering (which I am not very good at :() but on this page I decided to add a girl and she turned into a mermaid.

Girl doodle while randomly testing home made funky foam stamps.
2nd Journal soup page.
with paints, pencils, stencils, inks etc. and having lots of messy fun making journal soup.  As well as journaling, I have still been trying to teach myself to draw faces. I am improving but like everything it takes practise. Yesterday I bought some Funky Foam and attempted to make some stamps for the journal soup. I tested them out by stamping them on A3 sheets of copy paper using various inks and paints. This is a great way to create back grounds for other art work. In the midst of doing this I suddenly decided to add a face, things where going well until I over worked the paper and it ripped across the side of her nose. Oops :) Still its all a learning curve.

2 comments:

Lin said...

Lovely pages Susan. I sat down this afternoon to watch the video but we have had numerous mini power cuts today which means that each time the live box has to reboot and I was wasting valuable time waiting for it to happen! So I cut out some patchwork blocks instead - who needs technology!! xx

Susan said...

Hi Lin oh how frustrating. I had a few technical hitches before I was able to watch it but it was worth it in the end. Lots of tips and trick especially for beginners like me. X:)