Sunday 8 November 2015

Corsets, cakes,snowmen and teddy bears.

Yesterday I attended our area day at St Luke's Church in Crosby. The Speaker was Gill Roberts and she gave us a great in sight into the world of corset's.  As ever there was much laughter, lots of chatter and lots of delicious cakes.. Gill is a fab speaker, she brought along a selection of  her work which is exquisite.  The afternoon work shop was by my amazingly talented friend Janet who showed us how to make a snowman or a teddy bear Christmas decoration. I chose to make the snowman.
My primitive snowman made yesterday at the area day.

This little guy was made last night by my fab little man Cole with a little bit of help from me.
Its been a long time since I have had the luxury of making something not uni related as well as having the delightful company of my grandson.

2 comments:

Joan Mc said...

Thank you Sue for the blog!! I think everyone enjoyed Gill's talk, and also Janet's workshop - just my sort of thing. I've got the copy of the raffle prize you didn't win!!It isn't that clear ,but you'll sort it out. I enjoyed catching up and hope to see another blog in the not too distant future. luv Joan



Lin said...

Good to hear that you have been able to take a little time out and lovely to spend time with your grandson. I hope that all is going well for you at Uni. It has been an incredibly mild autumn here and dry too. We are spending lots of time in the garden to try and get things cut back and a bit tidy - well, we don't really do tidy gardens! Had a day out today though and got a bit of Christmas shopping done - it is not that long until we return to UK for Christmas! Frightening thought!! Anyway,good to hear from you and sending lots of love and support. xx