Sunday 6 March 2016

Hare today gone tomorrow....


After having a severe case of creative block for weeks, making myself ill and being very stressed I am pleased to say that I am once again enjoying being creative. Today I thought I would share one of the pieces I am currently working on and hoping to use as part of my final exhibition.  I decided my chosen topic, collections, was not working so I went back to the forest for inspiration and began looking at woodland animals. I picked several animals as a starting point gathered loads of imagery, a pencil and began to draw them.  Before I knew it I was off and running with lots of ideas and inspiration for new pieces of work.  This guy is from one of my drawings of Hares in my sketch book and I decided he just had to be transformed into fabric. I think he is great, ( I know, nothing like flying your own kite, which I don't often do) but on this occasion I love him.  I started him on Friday and he is now waiting to be layered and quilted. I have another piece in my minds eye based on an owl but for now, I need to get him and the other pieces I am working on finished before starting anything else.



3 comments:

Lin said...

He is lovely Susan. Sorry you have been having problems but it sounds like you are on track now. Looking forward to seeing how he progresses. xx

Kath said...

This is fabulous, what a talented girl you are, (and don't you forget it!).

Sue B said...

Wow, he is fabulous look forward to seeing the quilted version.