Thursday 21 June 2012

Oh dear! the wrong shade of red.........

Four block from the last eight.




All the above pics sent to Janet.

One down three more to go yippee.
Today I completed four of the remaining eight blocks for Summer Harmony. As I began the remaining four blocks I realised the other red fabric I intended to use was to dark and not the right tone of red. Oh no what to do? I layed all the pieces of the quilt on the floor and took stock. I wondered if I could introduce some green but I really needed a experts opinion and who better than the designer of the quilt, my wonderful friend Janet. I e-mailed Janet the pictures I have posted, then I telephoned her and we discussed the problem. Janet felt that the green would work and I would still have a nice balance with the colours of the blocks.  Phew crisis over and away I went and made a green block.  When I count my blessings I always count Janets friendship twice because friends such as her are extremely rare.

No comments: