Saturday 14 July 2012

One UFO completed....


Some of you who follow my blog may remember this quilt. I won all the fabric in a Janet's Liverbirds raffle in February 2011.  I loved the pastel colours and decided I wanted to make a simple little lap quilt. I think at the time Jelly Rolls where the in thing so I cut all the fabric into 2 1/2 inch strips. The Pattern is from Pam and Nicky Lintott book Jelly Roll Quilts and it is called Friendship Braid, although I have called mine Slings and Arrows (don't ask cos I don't know why). It was a lovely quilt to make and it only took a few days to complete the top. That was way back in March 2011. A few weeks ago I decided that I would complete a UFO after finishing a new project and this is my first one completed. I am so pleased with myself because I am not very good at quilting. Today I will be able to start a new project but which one? Far too many to choose from.

2 comments:

Kath said...

you have reminded me I still have a jelly roll under the bed (as you do LOL).
I havent found a quilt pattern I like enough yet, but I must get one and use it, as the colours are absolutely gorgeous.

Gwen said...

It's lovely Susan, I love the colours! I too want to finish a few ufo's, it's very hard to go back to one tho' when the enthusiasm has gone! ha ha!