|Recycled paper and tea leaves.|
|Papers hanging to dry on a kitchen cupboard.|
|More papers drying tide between the legs of the two tables in my sewing room|
|Three impatiently dried with the iron and cut to size finished pieces.|
Today has been a very messy busy day making homemade paper for the new brief in uni. The brief is to make a minimum of 36 different handmade papers each one measuring A5. Today I have used recycled photo copy paper, envelopes, two boiled bananas and a handful of boiled red onion skins. I sprinkled a couple of the plain recycled paper sheets with tea leaves and another with dried Rosemary herb. I managed to make about 25 sheets of paper that now hang all over the flat in an attempt to dry out. However, I was rather impatient and tried to dry a few of the papers by sandwiching them between sheets of paper and ironing them dry. This was not the greatest idea and I decided to let the rest dry naturally. The dead line for this brief is the 28 November but it is a bit of a time consuming task so I must organise my self and set aside a good few hours every couple of days to enable me to complete the brief. The next batch of papers will be made from celery, pomegranate, and sweet potato.