Tuesday 4 November 2014

Cuff sketchbook.

Cuff before ebelishments.
                                  
Front of Cuff Sketchbook
Back of cuff sketchbook.
Various weights of paper.

Remember I said in my last post that I took a black cuff with me to the area day last Saturday and it did not quite go with the vintage theme. Well I was determined not to let it go to waste as it was such a beautiful cuff. Using Nichola's techniques on how she made her vintage needle case cuff I decided to put my own spin on the black cuff. I started off by stamping various images onto calico, egyptian cotton and brown paper. I lightly coloured some of the images using my Derwent Inktense pencils to give them a little lift. Next I added some lace, beads, feathers and a few decorative stitches. I covered the back of the cuff with the fabric from the same shirt before adding various different weights of paper. Here is my black cuff transformed into a mini Sketchbook. I have to say I am rather pleased with this little creation and seeing as I have another cuff exactly the same I will be making another cuff sketchbook. :)



1 comment:

Lin said...

Brilliant Susan - great idea. Hope you are starting to feel better. xx