Sunday 16 November 2014

Southport to Westkirby

Demo by Lisa Winnard in Southport Craft Shop.

Christmas wreath

My lovely friend Hilary's sew a row quilt.

The Forgotten Seamstress Quilt
Well! what a very busy day I have had and I've enjoyed every minute. Its been a very stressful week and I was so glad to see the back of it so today I decided to have a day off from Uni work and go out and about. My first port of call was to Southport to the Craft Centre, a lovely shop owned by Angela Pluck. There was a free demonstration on how to use gold flakes in card making demonstrated by Lisa Winnard who made the most beautiful greetings cards. Then I was off to Westkirby to see the Wirral quilters quilt exhibition.  It was a lovely show with plenty of quilts to see and scrummy homemade cakes. I met a lady named Pat who told me she had made the quilt from the book called the Forgotten Seamstress by Liz Trenow, I was thrilled as I've recently read the book. What a beautiful quilt it was to. Then it was back on the train and home.

1 comment:

Lin said...

I enjoyed the book Susan - have you read her previous book about the silk mill? It's the first quit I have seen based on the book.it's good to have a day off! Xx