Wednesday 13 May 2015

Hello! Is there anyboby out there?



A big HELLO! to anybody who still occasionally checks my blog in the hope that I have posted a new post.  Well today's the day.  The last few months have been crazy with one thing or another (well mainly illness and uni) but I am please to say that I am back to good health and that I completed second year. To celebrate both of these achievements I had a sewing marathon at the weekend. I have to say that despite the course being titled Textiles, it is more surface pattern design and I spend my days on the computer trying to learn Photo Shop. My first sewing day was with my beautiful little man, who is getting bigger by the day (Cole is 5 now).  We made a chicken bean bag (should be a pin cushion) for us to play catch with. He also did a drawing of me and Colin which I absolutely love.  Thursday I went to my amazing friend Janet's for lunch and I took with me a piece of paper that I had doodled the idea of a quilt. Janet kindly helped me work out all the measurements for the blocks and on Saturday I made a start.  Early evening I ran out of bonda web but I was still enjoying sewing so I made two tote bags for the Quilters Guild FOQ tombola. Notice the Ice cream block? It is from my seaside quilt, I cut it to small oooops!. Sunday I jumped in the car and nipped into Liverpool and  bought some bonda web, once home my sewing weekend continued. My aim is to have this quilt completely finished before next Liverbird meeting which is a week today, so far so good. X

4 comments:

Lin said...

Great to hear from you Susan - glad all is now well and back to normal. What a great time you are now having with your sewing - good luck with finishing the quilt. xx

Kath said...

Lots of lovely news, I'm so happy you have now finished year 2, that has really flown. Cole looks so different now, no longer a toddler but a real boy LOL and he still has that cheeky face!

I was interested to see your new quilt in progress, you have some great ideas. Is it my imagination, or is that a bra on one block :-D

Nice to hear from you my lovely x

Kath said...

Derr...now I have enlarged the photo I see exactly the bra is a camper van LOL

Joan Mc said...

Glad to see you back on line!!! It was nice to see you on Area Day, Elaine and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope your Uni course went as you hoped. I am finally getting around to finishing Janet's Medallion quilt, I've only got one border left to do, so I'm living in hope. Cole has grown so much since the last photo.