Monday 18 May 2015

Sam Scarecrow.

Meet my new friend his name is Sam he is a Tilda scarecrow. I am a big Tone Finnagan fan and have almost all her books that are translated into English. I have a list as long as my arm of Tilda projects I'd like to make and this beautiful scarecrow was on the list.  As you can see I am still on a sewing roll and loving every minute. Yesterdays sewing was to make his dungarees, I rummaged through my stash and found the perfect piece of fabric but oops I cut it wrong :o However , I realised we where going over the water to have lunch with the in-laws so I persuaded Colin to detour to Dots (quilters needs) in the hope that I would get another piece of the fabric. I knew this was along shot as it was quite a number of years old. Dot knew the fabric straight away but said if she had any it would take a year to find it (I agreed you have not seen anything like the amount of fabric dot has). Whats a girl to do? Oh yes of course buy some new fabric. I couldn't decided between two so I just had to get them both. This means I need to make another scarecrow!

Quilt update: I have almost finished my seaside quilt top just one more block but it is a big one and will take a little longer that the others.  I was a bit ambitious thinking I'd have it layered, quilted and bound by tomorrow for Liverbirds. Still its coming along nicely and that's all that matters.

3 comments:

Caz said...

Love the square crow,, cute.

Kath said...

How lovely! That's funny you should mention Tone Finnanger. I bought a second hand book "Sew sunny homestyle" and fell in love with one of the dolls. I managed to get some suitable fabric at Malvern last week and plan to start sewing tomorrow!

Lin said...

Sam is lovely and the dungarees are great! Hope you have a good time at Liverbirds. xx