Monday 1 June 2015

Finish Me Art Journal.


I am still enjoying the summer break but my sewing frenzy came to stop and I spent a week with family and then I procrastinated watching back to back episodes of the Good Wife on Netflix. However, today I decided it was time to get back into the sewing room and be creative. A couple of Weeks ago I received a lovely surprise in the post, a Laura Kemshall "Finish Me Art Journal". Ever since its arrival I have stroked it, hugged it and flipped through the pages, whilst thinking what I will do to it. Laura offers tips and advice on her blog and I popped over for some inspirational ideas. First things first put my name on it.  I used several alphabet stamp sets to create a collective of various fonts and styles for my name. I used water colour pencils to add some colour and randomly chosen stamps to add some imagery. Nothing was planned it was a go with the flow thing and I am pleased with how it has turned out.

2 comments:

Joan Mc said...

The book looks very interesting,I looked at her web site,and can understand why you kept just stroking it before doing anything with it!! Look forward to seeing what you do in the future. love Joan

Lin said...

A great start Susan - looking forward to seeing the pages turn as I am interested in the different papers that Laura uses in her books. Have fun. xx