Friday 12 June 2015

A fab little find.


St Lukes Church Formby

A beautiful ornate cross headstone in the graveyard.

Walk to the beach.


Mr Bay Watch?

Giant Poppy's absolutely stunning.
 All week I have been so looking forward to going to Gresford craft show only to discover that I had the wrong Friday it's next Friday we go. I was quite deflated when I discovered this, especially as we are having a mini heat wave, I decided the day called for a picnic lunch. Its not very often that Colin and I get out and about together during the day as he works permanent nights and does not get up till late afternoon and the day is almost gone. However, we drove to Formby beach not far from where we live and took a picnic lunch. We parked outside St Luke's Church as we saw a sign saying Lifeboat tea rooms now open. It was a little building tucked away at the back to the side of the graveyard with outdoor seating that gently blended into Formby woods. We had a lovely cup of tea and a slice of homemade cake but I gave most of mine to a tiny female chaffinch that kept flying down from a near by tree to forage. We then took a very pleasant stroll through the woods and onto the beach. On route I was shocked to discover several big clusters of these gorgeous giant poppies growing wild on one of the sand dunes. I live about 20 minutes away from where we visited today and yet this is the very first time I have ever been there. It was a great discovery and one I think we will be returning to in the very near future.




1 comment:

Lin said...

Those poppies look amazing! What a lovely place to visit, I hope you get to go back soon. xx