Saturday 29 August 2009

Fusing Viole and Felt the Margret Beal way:


I adore Margret Beals work. i have met her every year at the NEC. The first year I bought the starter Kit, the next year I purchased her book and each year now I buy more felt, Viole's and any new templates she has. Her work always fills me with inspiration and I come away from her stand thinking of all the things I am going to create when I get home. however it never seems to go quite as I plan. The first time I used the soldering Iron the smell made me feel very nauseous I had to buy a mask. I was also to heavy handed and kept burning through all the layers so I just produce lots of holes in my work. It is life everything in life practise and patience and perseverance gets you there in the end. Here is my F is for(fusing flowers)postcard for fabric cards alphabet series. I think it turned out pretty good.

1 comment:

Kath said...

Ah, I know what you mean about the holes! It's very addictive don't you find. I am lucky that my friend Elinor has a stash of interesting templates she lends to me. I love what you made, it is gorgeous, clever girl! Kath x