Sunday 25 August 2013

Quilt from the past....



Some of you may or may not remember this quilt top I made a couple of years back. It was a jelly roll consisting of two fabric designs and I fell in love with the lovely spring/summer colours. I got the pattern from my good friend Janet and set about making the quilt. I completed the top and it has sat in my UFO box for what seems like forever. A few days ago I realised that I had ran out of time to make my niece Paige a going to Uni quilt, this prompted me to look in the UFO box to see what quilt tops I could layer and quilt as a suitable gift. (If anyone is wondering I have seven quilt tops in the UFO box .How many do you all have? I'd be interested to know) I have quilted it on my machine just straight lines nothing fancy. I have used a very bold variegated thread and was not sure about the thread choice all the way through the quilting but its done now so no going back. I had to wash the quilt last night after I had sewn the binding on as I felt it needed freshening up, after being confined to a box for such a long time. I have popped the label on and I will be giving it to Paige on Monday. Hope she likes it.

4 comments:

Kath said...

yes I remember this quilt and the lovely book you bought about jelly roll quilts.
I'm sure Paige will love the quilt that her sweet Aunty made. Where have those years gone?

Susan said...

Hi Kath your so right it was the craze of the jelly rolls and I bought the three books by Pam and Nicky Linnott. x

Lin said...

It's lovely Susan I hope she will love it. Well, you are quite right - we all have un quilted tops hanging around. My count is 4 and I excuse that by saying that I prefer to hand quilt and it takes much longer! However, if it's a gift and I am in a hurry then it is off to the machine I go!

Susan said...

Hi Lin I have only ever hand quilted once and it was my very first sampler quilt and the stitches are big toe catchers. hehehe x