Wednesday 18 December 2013

Shoes glorious shoes.....

Christmas Tree.

Once upon a time a long time ago I have a large collection of fabulous shoes. I probably treated myself to a pair or two every month when pay day arrived. Then suddenly two things happened and the shoe collection became very small. The first being I met and married Colin and lots of shoes moved out to make space for his clothes in the wardrobe. The second thing was I discovered patchwork and quilting and my addiction changed to fabric. Now I only buy sensible essential foot ware when needed. However, I have another, more manageable, shoe collection and each year its getting bigger. It is the shoes on my Christmas tree. This year there are four new ones, making a total of four pairs and ten individual shoes.  Some I have bought myself, whilst the others are gifts from friends and family. I adore my Christmas tree shoe collection and look forward to adding to my collection next year.

5 comments:

Kath said...

I just knew before I enlarged the photo, that there would be shoes on your tree! how lovely. My DIL is Thai and part of her name means little bird, so I buy pretty little birds for her tree.

Susan said...

Oh Kath that is so lovely. A friend made me a lovely little embroidered felt bird a couple of years ago maybe you could make Dil one next year. X

Joan Mc said...

Now there's a surprise, shoes on your tree, just more economical than for your feet!!Hope you have a good Christmas and a Happy New Year, I'll be at Elaine's for the New Year,eating, drinking and playing games!!

Susan said...

Hi Joan Merry Christmas Hun and give my love to Elaine XXXX

Lin said...

How lovely to collect shoes for the tree - you have a lovely collection. xx