Saturday 31 May 2014

A creative space.

Accessories sign from B&M

 
Moot set of drawers from Ikea.
I thought I would share my two latest additions to my sewing room. The first one is the gorgeous vintagey hanging sign, £3.99 from B&M. As soon as I saw it I thought ooo that would be fab to hang my scissors from and circle template rulers. Also it would fit perfectly in the space above my main work desk for easy access. At the time my scissor where in a jam jar on my desk. It comes on a ribbon to hang but I knew that wouldn't be surdy enough, so I got my brother in-law to drill two small holes either side of the writting and I screwed it to the wall. The second purchase was the "Moot" draws £15.00 (haven't got a call why they are so called but that's how Ikea describe them). I originally only wanted the set of 4 draws £9.00 but they where sold out so I had no choice really but to buy the set of six. However, I have made the most of the two extra draws. This purchase came about after I watched a you tube video "The Frugal Crafter" who advised that you should store certain pens horizontal. I have just invested in some of these pens (Copics and Pro markers) and they two where in a lovely fancy glass jar on my desk. These pens are not cheap and I obviously want to get the most out of them. I needed to find a way to store them horizontal but still have them on my work desk. So I googled, I searched the shops, I even nipped to a car boot sale last Sunday but no joy. Then I came across the "Moot" and the problem was solved as the draws where the perfect size to lie the pens flat and it was not to big to sit on the desk (which is really just a pine dinning table). I like the oh natural look but I have decided to paint mine so watch this space folks to see it transformed. Thanks for dropping by X:)

6 comments:

Caz said...

I love that sign,,,,very handy!

Susan said...

Cheers Caz. It was a good buy X:)

Kath said...

Hello lovely. That's a good tip about the pens. I am going to store mine flat now. I'm also so pleased you showed the Ikea storage. I had one in my bathroom for about 15 years LOL and since my brother put a big cupboard the wall for me, I put my Ikea drawers in the loft! I'm gonna get them down now :-D
Your sign is so cute. I love B and M, I bought a little travel iron in there last week, for pressing seams.

Leanne said...

Your new things are great Susan, love your drawers. Do I owe you a letter? I forget who wrote last.

Susan said...

Hi Kath the Moot is ideal for storing your pens you can revamp it to fit in with the decor of your new sewing room. X:)

Susan said...

Hi Leanne I am so sorry its my turn to write to you. I have had your last letter sitting on my desk for weeks. Will put a few lines to paper tonight and get it in the post tomorrow X:)