Tuesday 11 August 2015

A trip to Chester...

Two new snowmen today.

Lovely fabric I purchased today.

I just couldn't resist this one, hmm I wonder why!!



Today the sun was shinning, I decided to make the most of it and go out for the day. I jumped the train to Chester to visit one of my favourite shops, Liberty Bell. It truly is a beautiful shop and as ever it did not disappoint, I was spoilt for choice. In the end I purchased two fat quarters and two half metres of fabric. How cute is the snowman fabric and how very apt! I then nipped round to Abakahan as Liberty Bell had no blue striped ticking but I also spotted this lovely subtle blue spot so that went in the basket to. Walking back to the station I spotted this delightful little book in the window of a charity shop. I read a few little snippets on the train home its quite quirky but it was the beautiful illustrations that really caught my eye.  Of course I had to make another snowman in his PJ's with the snowman fabric. I love them all but I think he is my favourite so far. Some of you may recognise the blue check PJ's as Colin's shirt, which I used to make my little boy rabbits dungarees a little while ago.

3 comments:

Joan Mc said...

It's ages since I was at Liberty Bell, it's one of my favourites too. Love what you've made so far for your stall. Are you golng to Harrogate this year? I'm going with Elaine's quilt group. Hope to see you there. Luv Joan

Kath said...

Your snowbabies are just adorable!

Lin said...

Lovely snowman fabric and PJ's. Great shopping session too - the book looks fun. xx