Monday 24 August 2015

Creative mess?




A few days ago I spent several hours sorting out my desk. Starting from the window sill I cleared everything off so I was able to polish away the layer (or maybe it was layers) of dust. I went through the stack of books, magazines and paper that had accumulated on the end and was becoming so high it had started to block out the light. I found a box for all 8 of the snowmen in PJ's as they where hanging from my shelves. I even went through the box I have on my desk that stores various envelopes card and other bits and bobs. So what do you do when you have a nice and very clean work top? Your absolutely right make a creative mess. I decided to have a break from sewing and make some new ATC's. I've recently been inspired by using magazine images as collage and I really enjoyed it.  I thought I would share my creative mess with you and the four completed ATC's I made. I also added various bits and bobs to my little art journal which I have not worked in for a long time now and my altered book with the zentagled birds in but I will save sharing them for another post. Well I guess I better roll up my sleeves and clear away my creative mess as my niece is coming tomorrow to Cat sit Poppy for a couple of days whilst Colin and I swan off to beautiful Wales.

3 comments:

Lin said...

It always good to have a clean and tidy space but I love getting lots of things out again to work on. Your atcs look great. Have a lovely time in Wales. xx

Kath said...

Everyone knows that cats and dogs make all the mess in our workrooms while we are asleep :-D

Havea great trip to Wales, I hope the weather cheers up for you, but at least it's a change of scenery and a change to spend some time with your Honey x

Leanne said...

Creative mess is the best kind my friend.