Tuesday 8 September 2015

Escape to Wales.....

Our view from the window in the little village of Bedgelert.

Carved Dragon outside a shop in the village.

The bridge that crosses over the river Dee that runs through Bedgelert.

Llanberis Quarry Hospital Museum


We met some locals but they where a little shy and kept their distance.

Beautiful water cascading through the gorgeous village of Betws-Y-Coed.

My selfie of us on the miniature train at the Betws-Y-Coed. It was an whole eight minute trip around the track.
At the risk of being repetitive where does the time go? I am so busy, but loving and enjoying every minute of this summer break. I realised I have not blogged since before we went on our little trip to Wales. We had a great time, dodged a few showers and crammed in as much as we could in the short time we had. A day trip to Llanberis to the National Slate Museum which was fab. However, sadly I had an upset tummy and was not feeling 100% and didn't take many photos but I only realised this when I got home. Not to worry, it just means we need to go back another time. On our way home we stopped at the gorgeous village of Betws Y Coed. It has a dinky miniature railway, which was so cute I wanted to stay on and go round again. It has some beautiful shops, cafes and a very scrummy ice cream parlour. Colin took lots of photos of the river which runs under the bridge, whilst I sat watching a family who where crazy enough to be swimming in it.  

2 comments:

Kath said...

Lovely photos, I like the dragon, his cousin lives here in Glastonbury!
Hope you are feeling better, these upsets can make you feel washed out for ages.

Lin said...

Great photos Susan and what a beautiful place to visit. Sorry you were unwell but hope all OK now. xx