Saturday 22 August 2015

Fab finds.


Yesterday I was digging deep in my fabric stash trying to have a bit of a clear out and I came across these two UFOs. The top one, my friend Kath may recognise as I sent her a fabric postcard with a very scaled down version of this image. It's taken from a book "Art Deco" and I decided I was going to make a quilt using several of the images and the quilt as you go method however, I never got beyond this block. When I discovered it yesterday I new it would make a great cushion. 

The second piece I found was the stitched panel. This is my own design which I did around the same time as "the Balloon" quilt.  As you can see Rabbit has two new friends his Teddy and Hedgehog. Once I stitched it I had no idea what to do with it so like all the other UFOs, it got put away. Seeing as I was in cushion mode yesterday, this also seemed to lend itself to a pillow style cushion.  I have a nice little stock pile now for the stall on Saturday 5th September 10am till 4pm at Holy Trinity Church, Rosemary Lane, Formby L37 3HA. Please feel free to drop by and say hello. X:)

2 comments:

Kath said...

Oh yes, I recognised her immediately! Looks like you will have some lovely things for your stall.

Lin said...

Two lovely finishes Susan - your stall is going to look great. xx