Monday 7 December 2009

Hand painted box:



My friend Janet gave me two plain wooden boxes quite some time ago. They have been in a draw ever since. This is because I have not had any inspiration as to what design I should paint on the boxes. Last night however, I was browsing through one of my Tone Finnager books (I'm a huge fan of hers) and came across this pattern for the lovey rose. I knew straight away I had to paint one of the boxes with roses. I think this will be ideal for Janet's daughter Emma, as her bedroom is quite Shabby Chic, with pretty pastel colours and textiles from Laura Ashely. Oh and she has a bed to die for, yep I am very envious of Emma's bed.lol

2 comments:

Kath said...

Oh Susan, you are so artistic! This is just beautiful. Emma is a lucky girl to receive such a thoughtful gift.XX

Gwen said...

I must find a plain box from somewhere.....mmm! it's absolutely gorgeous Susan, and yes I agree about Emma's bed! I'm sure she'll love this box, but if she doesn't..... I know of a good home for it!