Saturday 11 December 2010

I go back to black:



I have been working on my black and gold applique flowers, talk about slowly slowly catch a monkey. I am finding it difficult sewing around the flowers in blanket stitch using black cotton and on black fabric. I can only do a little bit at a time then I have to take a break and go back to them a little later. During a break, I decided to use up one of the sample flowers and make a cover for a 2011 dairy. Black and gold together are such timeless colours and I thought Michaela would like this as a stocking filler. I used a different technique to cover this book, other than the one taught to me by Jackie Martin. I really enjoyed it but it took a little working out and like every protocol there are a few little things I will change when making another. With that said, I am very happy with the end result and i am sure Michaela will be thrilled with her new diary when she opens it up on Christmas day.

2 comments:

jan said...

Get yourself a good spot light and you will see OK.

Susan said...

I will have to do something Jan there are times when i think I am going blind lol xx