Friday 10 August 2012

American Museum





We spent a lovely day at the American Museum it was to be the highlight of the trip for me, lots of beautiful quilts. You can image my dismay when the batteries of my camera ran out and I realised i'd left the new pack in the travel lodge. These are the only pictures I managed to take and there not the best as you where not allowed to have the flash on. I enjoyed the visit and all the lovely quilts on display. They where a true testament to the woman who made them and they where works of arts in their own right.  Whilst there I met a lovely woman named Jill who was with her husband and granddaughter. Yes you guessed it Jill is a quilter we chatted away endlessly over the box of fat quarters in the gift shop. Jill was from Wales but sadly I can not for the life of me remember where about in Wales she said she was from. On the bus journey back into Bath, I thought how quilting still brings woman together and whenever you go to a exhibition or an event that involves even the slightest mention of quilts, you always meet lovely people. So not only did I get to see great quilts made almost 300 years ago I met another lovely quilter.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

See I can make a comment

Susan said...

Thank you its so sweet of you hahaha xx

Kath said...

glad you enjoyed it all! shame about your camera, that happened to me at the quilt show at Radstock!

So are you buzzing with new ideas now? :-D

Susan said...

Hi Kath, oh yes lots of ideas. I really enjoyed the whole trip. xx