Wednesday 18 June 2014

Beautiful sunsets....

Anthony Gromelys "Another Place"

The photographer setting up.


Last night Colin made us a fabulous dinner "Mediterranean Stew" recipe courtesy of the Hairy Bikers. Wow! it was amazing but I knew that I needed to walk such a meal off, other wise it will show on next weeks scales. We jumped in the car and five minutes later we where strolling along Crosby Marina and then on to the beach. We where lucky the tide was out and if your braved the sludgy bits of sand you could walk out to the Anthony Gormels statues that become complete submerged by the Irish sea. Colin clicked away as I strolled along the beach, it was so still and quiet, then just as he was packing up I suddenly heard the sea. Colin said, "did you hear that the tide just turned its now coming in". They say you learn something new everyday but on this occassion I also experienced it. We made our way off the beach and as we reached the path I turned for a final look at the setting sun just to see it wink out. Who said the best things in life aren't free?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How it was meant to look lol.
http://500px.com/photo/74067553/crosby-at-sunset-by-colin-pierce?from=user_library

Kath said...

It all looks wonderful. That's one of the things I love about living here, the amazing sunsets we can watch.
I'll have a look at Colin's link now.

Lin said...

A lovely post Susan and I would love to see those statues. Great sunset. xx