Friday 1 January 2010

New beginings:


Happy new year to all my friends. Quite sometime ago I acquired a book of voile samples from my friend Lorraine. At the time I had high hopes for what I was going to do with these pieces of violes. However, every time I picked them up I developed a bad case of creativity block. This has become a regular occurrence over the last few months and I have produce very little work lately. Yesterday I was pottering around in my sewing room and once again I picked up the viole samples, suddenly an image popped in my mind. I decided to just go with it and see what happened. I really enjoyed seeing the image come alive on the viole. Maybe like the dandelion I need to blow the seeds of doubt away and allow for new growth.

4 comments:

Kath said...

Susan, this is just delightful. So delicate and sensitive. I hope you are proud of this and all the other wonderful work you do. I don't think you know how talented and creative you are. Happy new Year, my lovely friend Kath xx

Maggi said...

This is so lovely.

jan said...

Hi Susan,
Happy New Year to you, this is beautiful, I look forward to seeing what else you come up with for the voile gifts.
Jan

Susan said...

Happy new year ladies. thank you for your wonderful comments. I hope in 2010 all your dreams and wishes come true. Susan xx