Friday 5 April 2013

No blogging but plenty of sewing.....

Red, Black and White charm bag.

Floral Charm Bag

32 Pineapple blocks

Pile of border block to iron.
I have been meaning to post on my blog every day for the last week but I have been to lazy to get the camera out of my bag and take some photos of current projects I am working on.  I am however full of cold at the minute, courtesy of my sister who was full of cold last weekend. It just happened to be the weekend we were travelling to Hampshire to visit my sons grave. So four hour car journey and sharing a room over night then four hour car journey home. So it was probably inevitable that I would catch it. Anyway I have not let it get all the better of me and I have done quite a bit of sewing. I have made two charm bags as requested for my friend lovely gentle friend Judith. I have made 32 blocks of 36 for the pineapple blossom quilt I am making all from my stash. I also have a little pile of half triangle border blocks to be ironed.  So you see I have been a busy girl so maybe I will be forgiven for my lack of recent post.

5 comments:

Caz said...

Lovely bags,, I have made one similar.

Susan said...

Hi Caz thank you. It a patern from an old Mcalls Magazine. There quite quick to make and make lovely gifts. :)

Hi Jemima Welcome to my blog. I think that one is my favorite so far. Ive just finished a scrappy trip arround the world using the same colour scheme its quite effective. :)

Kath said...

Can't wait to see this quilt as it progresses!

Susan said...

Hi Kath all will be revealed really soon x

Gwen said...

Hi Susan.........I've found you again! Having seen your finished pineapple topper tonight, I can assure everyone that it is gorgeous! Can't wait to see it quilted! x