Sunday 17 November 2013

Self indulgence....



A few years ago I made name badges for our area day based on a little sticker book I found called Funky birds. I went on to design my own Funky birds and I made a quilt and a bag. A few people have often asked if I have a pattern for the bag to which I always reply," no sorry I haven't". However with the success of "The Balloon" pattern I thought I'd pull my finger out and make a Funky bird bag and pattern. However, as the book was titled Funky Birds and is probably copyrighted, I have decided to name mine "Classy Birds". I've been itching to stitch for weeks so today I simply indulged myself and made a Classy Bird bag, the first of three. Once I'd completed my new bag (which I now need to write the pattern up) I made this little postcard for Bridgitte in the FMQ fabric postcard challenge group on face book. It is Novembers swap and I am quite late in making it and sending it. I decided to make a nice bright sunny summer card on this rather cold winters day and it really cheered me up. I hope it will do the same to Brigitte when it arrives in Switzerland.

3 comments:

Caz said...

Lovely bag,,, a very classy bird! Gorgeous little postcard, too.

Lin said...

Love your bag Susan - very Classy! Pretty card too. Glad you indulged your yearning for stitch.

Susan said...

Thanks Ladies x:)