Friday 29 November 2013

Sketch indulgence...

I have noticed that my Fridays now consist of, the morning running myself ragged catching up on housework so the afternoon can be free to tackle the endless amounts of homework for Uni. This afternoon started of great I organised my drawings for textiles in date order and choose several pieces to be mounted ready for assessment in January.  Next on the homework to do list, crack on with Haptic poetry brief but nothing ever goes to plan and whilst tidying my desk I found a tiny image of a face. I suddenly felt the urge to abandon the to do list, grab the sketchbook and 3 hours later this is what I achieved. I say achieved because for me it is an achievement as I am not at all good at drawing people.  Also I have noticed recently that my shading techniques have become very heavy handed no matter what grade pencil I use so it was a good excuse to practise. I really enjoyed drawing this beautiful lady but I better get back to the to do list.

4 comments:

Kath said...

she is stunning, what a beautiful drawing. One to frame and keep!

Caz said...

She is brilliant. Well done!

Lin said...

She is beautiful - I love her. xx

Susan said...

Thanks Ladies :)x