Tuesday 15 March 2011

Sewing, waiting, sewing, waiting and more sewing:



Lately, it has felt like I have been playing a never ending waiting game. I ran out of fabric for the twelve days of Christmas and had to wait for several days, before I could get to Southport and purchase what I needed. So in the meantime make a lap quilt only to discover I had no wadding. Placed an order with the cotton patch and had to wait a couple of days for it to be delivered. I am now in limbo cant finish Twelve days of Christmas, can't finish lap quilt! So I started a simple sample quilt and today I sewed all the blocks together, with corner stones and sashing. Oh no!!!!! I do not have enough of the feature fabric to complete outer boarders. Ahrrrrrrrr!! A quick search of the Internet and I have placed an order but its coming from America. However the much needed wadding arrived on Friday, so I was able to complete one of the two boarders on the twelve days of Christmas. If i have time tomorrow i hope to start the second one, whilst I am waiting for the fabric to be delivered from America??????

2 comments:

Kath said...

Oh I am so looking forward to getting my sewing machine out again. Too much dust at the moment! Lovely quilts Susan, that first one is a real work of art.

Susan said...

Thanks Kath, I look forward to seeing your future work once the dust settles lol xxx