Saturday 2 April 2011

Spring Flowers:


On Wednesday at the Liverbirds my wonderful friend Janet gave out the final instructions for her new Spring Flowers Quilt. I had yet to start this quilt due to a number of reasons. One of them being that i wanted to make the quilt out of Luna Notte fabric. As gorgeous as this fabric is, when it arrived I felt it was not right for spring flowers. So off I went to Dots on Thursday and bought different fabric. Friday, I spent the whole day in my sewing room and made a start on my spring flower quilt. My other wonderful friend Judith gave me a big bag of embroidery threads (thank you Judith) and I decided to use them for the applique in my Spring Flower Quilt. I have to say this is the first time I have stuck to hand sewing the blanket stitch, I normally revert back to my faithful Bernie. However, I am delighted with the results so far and the little blocks for the quilt are growing.

5 comments:

Kath said...

Oh Susan, this is going to be so pretty!

Gwen said...

looking good as usual Susan! love the fabrics!x

Susan said...

Thank you ladies, I seem to be drawn the those duck egg blues, pastel pinks and pepermint greens. xx

shirley l said...

Did not realise it was called SPRING flowers, and here is me doing it in autumn colours.Jan must despair of me. My excuse is that it is my age, Love your fabrics Susan.

Susan said...

Hehe Shirl, I am sure you can use what ever colour scheme you like. It will still be lovely as are all your quilts xx