Sunday 5 June 2011

Stash raid:


Every night before I go to sleep I either read or try to do a crossword, the latter of which I am not very good at, may I add. Sometimes when I am in between books I re-read my old patchwork magazines. Its amazing how you forget whats in them even though its been read once before. A couple of weeks ago was a prime example, I discovered a lovely simple country style quilt in an old magazine. The quilt required lots of checked and striped fabric and it really appealed to me. Seeing as I have a draw full of such fabric I decided to give it ago. Here is a picture of the blocks for the inner part of the quilt. I still have five of the blocks with little nine patches to make before I can assemble it. So far all the fabric has come from my stash which means there will be space for some lovely new fabric......

3 comments:

Leanne said...

I love your blocks Susan, even better the fabrics came from you stash.

Kath said...

OOh lovely, just my kind of quilt and exactly my kind of colours.
Wish I had a cupboard like that LOL

Susan said...

Thank you ladies, so glad you both like the blocks. It is a very simple quilt but will hopefully have the wow factor when is finished. :)